Through a schedule that Jane gets to carry with her during the day, help Jane know how she has been. A star if she's had no problems, a smiley face if she had a problem but chose the right decision, a check mark if she had a problem and did not make the right decision.
Every time she finishes with a subject she puts down her mark that she earned. Then she can see whats coming next and prepare herself for it. At the end of each day she earns some iPad time if she has had a good day.
This schedule is also helpful for me to see what areas are not a problem for her and what are. I collect each schedule that she fills out and put them in her file. It helps me to see that her morning has not been an issue however her afternoons are sometimes. Now that we are trying to give her some more space, I know that they best time to practice this is during the morning.
I know I say this every time, but I am so amazed at how much she has changed. A year ago I would have never thought I would be talking with her aide about giving Jane space...
No comments:
Post a Comment